Spring is in the Air with Art Openings, Food & Drink Specials, Live Music Friday April 12 from 5 – 10 p.m.
Spring is in the air, the flowers are blooming and it’s time to come out of hibernation for Walkabout Tremont Friday, April 12, from 5-10 p.m. We’re celebrating spring with the “It’s Bloomin’ April” theme where there will be multiple art openings, food and drink specials at bars & restaurants, boutique shopping, and live music at multiple locations during Walkabout Tremont. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
818 Studios – 818 Jefferson Ave. (above Fahrenheit)
Anthony Van Rooy—Paintings
Anthony is a graduate of CSU Department of Fine Arts and has been painting masterpieces for decades. His vast body of work is truly a sight to behold, much of which hasn’t been seen in years. This show will present new and never before seen works by this Cleveland treasure.
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
Windows to Spring
Presented by The Dreed Squap/Intentional Daada Reality Contrivance Corporation, “Windows to Spring” features works by Maryann Fasnacht, Alice Newman Clark, Maggie Duff and James Matzorkis.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
Pastel illustrations and abstract paintings. Music by DJ Ghost Girl.
CLIMB CLEVELAND – 2190 Professor Ave.
The work of five local artists will be on display and for sale, with works by Cade Buckus, Lindsey Bryan, Oscar Hammers Mendez Barillas, Gina Santora and Michelle Janosky. Original pieces along with prints will be available for purchase.
ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Lila Rose Kole – preview
In April, we preview abstract paintings by Lila Rose Kole, who will be visiting Cleveland from Berlin May 3-18 for a special Walkabout appearance on May 10 with 15 new works of art
Lava Lounge – 1307 Auburn Ave.
“Pop” is the word for Pickering World: his art is bright, upbeat, guileless and scrambled. His artwork is meant to beautify and make the community fun. And the cut-outs are adding a whole new dimension. Scott says his art generates chaos, but it’s a bright chaos without a heavy message.
TY FUN – 815 Jefferson Ave.
Kris is a Cleveland-based artist and Cleveland Institute of Art graduate. His upbringing in the rust-belt (son of a steelworker) and love of industrial art was a natural catalyst for his works. Petrenko creates rich, toned work with the allure & feel of vintage antiques utilizing repurposed wood, metal, and glass. Images are created by hand on materials from the location that the photo was taken. He then paints these works using different layers of natural colored stain and inks.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, furniture and artwork
- FAT CATS – David Witzke, the Sign Guy
- FLYING MONKEY – Faye Foster
- HI & DRY – Greg Murray, pet photography
- PAUL DUDA GALLERY – Images of Cleveland by Paul Duda
- ROOK MODERN – vintage/modernist selectively sourced designer furniture, dècor and art, including featured pieces of furniture by Scandinavian designers Finn Juhl, Hans Olsen and Johannes Andersen
- JOHN CANTIUS CHURCH – check out the beautiful interior of this ornate Catholic church; open until 9 during Walkabout
FEATURED FOOD, DRINK & SHOPPING SPECIALS
- Advent Fine Jewelry – buy a gold piece for a new piercing and receive $10 off the service fee
- Annunciation Cleveland Greek Orthodox Church Fish Fry
- Bourbon Street Barrel Room – extended happy hour from 4:30-10 for Walkabout; $4 Abita drafts, $4 hush puppies, gumbo & jambalya appetizers, sweet potato fries
- Crust – sidewalk patio officially open for Walkabout. Enjoy $1 Liller Lite 16 oz cans and $3 Fireball Shots. Happy Hour is 3 to 6.
- Fat Cat’s – happy hour food and drink specials 4-7
- Grumpy’s—ANTI Fish Fry… $13 for haddock lightly breaded and grilled until 10 p.m.
- Hotz’s Café – a Tremont local favorite. Grape freeze shots only $2.50 and $2 domestic beers.
- Lava Lounge – extended happy hour from 4-8
- Prosperity Social Club – “Gotta Haddock” Fish Fry. Kitchen serving until midnight.
- Tremont Scoops – back for the season, $4 hot fudge sundaes
- Treehouse – Pomegranate Cosmo $7
- Wine & Design – Rose tasting for $5
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of Jean Brandt, who started the Tremont ArtWalk in 1993, with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with music, street entertainment, local history, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont the second Friday of every month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on www.WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont