Multiple Art Openings, Food & Drink Specials, Live Music and More Friday Feb. 8 from 5 – 10 p.m.
Walkabout Tremont is jumpstarting Valentine’s Day this Friday, February 8, from 5 to 10 p.m. with art openings across the neighborhood, extended hours at art galleries and retail shops, live music at several locations, and a variety of Valentine’s-themed food and drink specials at Tremont’s restaurants and bars. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars. Visible Voice is hosting photographer Jeffrey Stroup for the launch of his new book, Abandoned Cleveland, at 7:30 p.m. Visit walkabouttremont.com for more information.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
GRAIN – 2379 PROFESSOR AVE.
Joel has a deep belief that art should be accessible to all. He enjoys up-cycling everyday items into canvases, not just to produce green art, but also to inspire viewers to be creative with what they have on hand. Plus, furniture creations by James Hamilton. Music by the Jawbone River Band.
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
Come in your GLITZIEST outfit, for this one of a kind art exhibit and fun event. Over 40 new pieces of art created by close to 40 artists will be on view for show and sale. With the Valentine weekend just around the corner, any one of these pieces would make a great gift. All work available during opening reception and range in price from $20 to $250. Refreshments, music, awards, and a SANI-KISS Kissing Booth with a guest kisser will be open.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
3rd Annual Crew Group Show
Check out the many artistic abilities and musical musings of the talented LOOP staff.
818 STUDIOS – 818 Jefferson Ave. (above Fahrenheit)
Barbara Merritt—The Capitalist Failure photo series
Trained as a fine art photographer with a heavy background in the studio arts, gallerist and artist Barbara Merritt has been an active photographer for over 22 years. Her latest photo series is being shown together in its entirety for the first time.
ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Lila Rose Kole—abstract artwork
New work from Berlin, Germany. Lila just shipped new paintings direct to Tremont. See what Lila’s been up to. Hint: more color, bigger pieces, more texture, big emotion.
FAT CATS – 2061 W. 10th St
Scott Pickering—Paint Doodles
Random sketches and doodles by renowned Cleveland artist and vet musician Scott Pickering, known for his whimsical, active style of drawing. His thickly applied paint, rapidly rendered subjects and scrawled linear characters float loosely across the pictorial field, as though hallucinatory.
LAVA LOUNGE – 1307 AUBURN AVE.
James Quarles—Black & Blue
James designs album covers and movie posters. Drawing influence from Stanley Kubrick to Herbie Hancock, his intricate, graphic-inspired art weaves together social commentary, poetry, street art, politics and music. Visit the Lava Valentine’s Market upstairs from 6 to 10 p.m.
FLYING MONKEY – 819 JEFFERSON AVE.
Noelle plays with color theory and embracing garbage. Made from recycled materials and salvaged medium, these pieces use metaphors and hidden imagery to spark debate over subject and intent.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- CLIMB CLEVELAND – Tim Herron landscape artist and Billy Delfs photography
- CRUST – Mike Sobek, painter of food and other cool things
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, furniture and artwork, plus ancient collectible dinosaur paintings by Joel Skinner
- GRUMPY’S – paintings and stained glass by Atsuko Yamahiro, Jeffrey Zelman, Tim Borato, Sandi Valois
- PAUL DUDA GALLERY – Images of Cleveland by Paul Duda
- ROOK MODERN – vintage/modernist selectively sourced designer furniture, dècor and art, including featured pieces of furniture by Scandinavian designers Finn Juhl, Hans Olsen and Johannes Andersen
- TREEHOUSE – Dominic Lanzara
- TY FUN – Susan Lyden, innovative watercolors
- VISIBLE VOICE BOOKS – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
FEATURED FOOD & DRINK SPECIALS
- Bourbon Street Barrel Room – extended happy hour from 4:30-10 for Walkabout; $4 Abita drafts, $4 hush puppies, gumbo & jambalya appetizers, sweet potato fries
- Fahrenheit – Lovestruck: Beefeater, cinnamon simple, lemon juice, Graham’s six grapes and cranberry preserves; dry aged NY strip with lobster tail, mushroom conserva, new potatoes, asparagus
- Flying Monkey – red hot shot special
- Hotz’s Café – $2 domestic beers
- Parallax – Ginger Cosmo $7, extended happy hour until 8 p.m.
- Post 1 – $3 mystery beer pull and $3 Cherry Bombs
- Prosperity Social Club – Happy Hour 4-6 p.m.; Dessert Martini Specials $10
- Treehouse – Pomegranate Cosmo $7
- Ty Fun – Select $3 beers, $5 glasses of wine, $5 egg rolls, $5 wontons
- Wine & Design – taste a little love with $5 pours of L’Amore Chardonnay & Cabernet; open until 7 p.m.
- Coda. Live Music Red Rose Panic | Saajtak (Detroit) | The Lowsiders $5
Doors at 8 | Show at 9
- Tidal Cool – their last month with a store in Tremont…Valentine’s Day shopping! 50% off select jewelry, scarves, belts, and clothing
- Advent Fine Jewelry – stop by the studio and mention that you’re Walking-about Tremont and receive 10% off any 18k gold piece
- Banyan Tree – stop by for some sweet treats, to see our latest collection of Figwood, plus winter sale
- Climb Cleveland – BOGO day pass for couples, and if two memberships are bought, the first month is free
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of Jean Brandt, who started the Tremont ArtWalk in 1993, with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with music, street entertainment, local history, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont the second Friday of every month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on www.WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont