Art Openings, a Passport for Prizes, Restaurant & Bar Specials, and More Friday Feb. 9 from 5 – 10 p.m.
CLEVELAND (February 6, 2018) – Walkabout Tremont gets the Mardi Gras celebration started a few days early with a “Beads, Booze & Art” theme Friday, February 9 from 5 to 10 p.m. There will be multiple art openings, a Mardi Gras passport to get stamped to win prizes from Tremont businesses, specials at bars and restaurants, plenty of beads to go around, live music at multiple locations, a Walkabout Super Nintendo tournament at Beviamo Café, and more. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
June Hund—Installation 1: Race and Policing
Felt Paper, Paint Stick, Collective Action Towards Social Justice 2017. Fifty life-sized silhouettes on tar paper that represent 50 unarmed African-Americans who were killed by police in 2017. The silhouettes allow visitors to occupy the same space for reflection and reverence.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
Group Show Part 2
Featuring “Sexy Sadie” (a gin-based beauty) and a “Marzipan Manhattan” (a bourbon-based delight). Music by LOOP resident DJ, DJ Smooth
ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Lila Rose Kole
Artwork influenced by her move to Berlin in 2017 and multi-cultural European travels.
TREEHOUSE – 820 College Ave.
Modern pop figurative artist who uses acrylic paint to produce vibrant, dynamic images. Her paintings are modern with traditional elements.
LAVA LOUNGE – 1307 Auburn Ave.
James Quarles – introducing “Black & Blue”
James’ intricate, graphic-inspired art weaves together social commentary, poetry, street art, politics and music.
BAC – 2661 W. 14th
Inspired by nature, Lucette explores her aesthetic sensibilities through botanical subjects.
THE SOUTHSIDE – 2207 W. 11th
Alexis specializes in photographing live music, as well as candid photos and portraits.
EDISON’S PUB – 2373 Professor Ave.
Painter of the famous “Cleveland Starry Night,” Greg shares paintings he’s created over the years.
FLYING MONKEY – 819 Jefferson Ave.
Noelle creates a cacophony of color expression that will captivate and may leave you with a headache.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- THE BEAUTY ROOM – Lila Rose Kole – the Serenity Series of Abstract Spa paintings to ease the pain of the winter months
- CLIMB-CLEVELAND — Multiple artists in Tremont’s newest and most physically challenging artist’s venue
- FAHRENHEIT – Lila Rose Kole presents the Fahrenheit industrial collection
- FAT CATS – Mark Thomas, paintings and photography
- GIANCARLO CALICCIA GALLERY — “Playful Sculpture” in the artist’s sculpture studio and garden.
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, artist and furniture maker, Sculptures by Matthew Albright; music by Danny McDonnell, musician and songwriter, from 7-10pm
- GRUMPY’S – Angela Komperda, Richard Meyer, Kalyn Budner, Sandi Valois (stained glass), Tim Borato (stained glass)
- HI & DRY – Greg Murray, pet photography
- MERCHANT STREET – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
- PAUL DUDA GALLERY – Images of Cleveland by Paul Duda
- TREMONT TAPHOUSE — Rob Hartshorn – photographs areas of the industrial flats
- TY FUN – Jill Lemieux – animal portraits with personality
FOOD AND DRINK SPECIALS
- BEVIAMO CAFE – Vegan gumbo special and a Walkabout Super Nintendo tournament. Open til 10pm
- BOURBON STREET BARREL ROOM – Abita promotions and passport drop-off location
- CRUST – Happy Hour 3pm-7pm; $1 PBR draft all night
- EDISON’S PUB – Select $5 drafts, Happy hour until 7pm
- FAHRENHEIT – Happy Hour 5-7pm
- FLYING MONKEY – Abita promotions
- GRUMPY’S – dinner from 4 until 10 with great nightly specials
- HI & DRY – Happy Hour until 7pm
- HOTZ – $2.50 Mardi Gras grape freeze shots, $2 domestic beers
- LAVA LOUNGE – Extended Happy Hour 4-8pm
- LILLY HANDMADE CHOCOLATES – launching 2 new cocktails to get you in the mood for love! Bring that special someone to enjoy with or bring the girls for a night out! Open 1-8:30pm
- NOCE GOURMET PIZZA – 20% off you first online order Nocegourmetpizza.com or Text NOCE to 33733
- POST 1 – $2 mystery beer pull & $3 spiked lemonade shots
- PROSPERITY SOCIAL CLUB – Fish fry. Happy hour from 4–6pm
- ROWLEY INN – Happy Hour 3-6pm
- SOUTHSIDE – Happy Hour 4:30-7:30pm
- TONY’S SOUTHSIDE – Stop in for the month of romance – special handcrafted cocktails and great food!
- TREEHOUSE – Abita Purple Haze cans, $4 Abita Grapefruit Honey Lager draft, $4 “Abitarita” $6 (tequila, triple sec, simple syrup, topped with Abita Grapefruit Honey Draft) “Grapefruit Honey Beertail” (rye whiskey, simple syrup, bitters, topped with grapefruit honey lager) $6 – passport drop-off location
- TREMONT GENERAL STORE – Mardi Gras inspired “Sample Station”: Bistro Sauce, Cajun Creole Seasonings, Johnny’s hot Sauce and more
- TREMONT TAPHOUSE – 4-7pm: $6 calamari, pizza; $5 pretzels, $1 off house draft beers
- TY FUN – Pad Thai $10, Spring Rolls $5, My Ty Fun $5 (good all night)
- CODA – M. Moody album release music at 8pm
- GRAIN – Danny McDonnell, musician and songwriter from 7-10pm
- LOOP – music by LOOP resident DJ, DJ Smooth
- PROSPERITY SOCIAL CLUB – Martini Five-O from 9pm – Midnight. No Cover
- VISIBLE VOICE BOOKS – Happy hour from 6-7:30pm; The Lucky Ones live music at 7:30 pm.
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of the Tremont ArtWalk, which began in 1993 with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with art openings, music, street entertainment, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont. Walkabout Tremont is the second Friday of each month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on www.WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont