Spring Fling Theme Celebrates Walkabout’s Fourth Season with Street Performers, Pop-Up Vendors, Art Openings, Food & Drink Specials Friday, May 10 from 5 – 10 p.m
Walkabout Tremont is entering its fourth season, spring is here (kind of) and we’re moving back outside. That means it’s time to celebrate with a “Spring Fling” theme Friday, May 10, from 5 to 10 p.m. This month’s Walkabout Tremont features a variety of street performers up and down Professor Avenue—including the current Guinness World Record Holder for the largest indoor/outdoor soap bubbles (DrURawesome), three musical acts on Professor Ave. and rock stacking, plus art openings, pop-up vendors, churches open to tour, food and drink specials, and extended hours at galleries and boutiques. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Lila Rose Kole, Straight Outta Berlin
Abstract paintings by Lila Rose Kole who will be visiting Cleveland from Berlin. A special Walkabout appearance with 15 new bold works of art in collaboration with the celebrated South American artist Kenno.
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
Maria Winiarski with Jackie Hammer, “Pink Dahlia”
Maria is a highly expressive painter of passion and romance. Her visions have opened on new meditative depths, presenting a sense of profound emotional discovery.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
The Pretentious Cleveland Portrait Artists
Portrait artists who meet every Friday night to draw the portrait of whomever signed up to pose. The group is unique as it prefers to draw in front of the public.
TREEHOUSE – 820 College Ave.
Paintings of Cleveland skylines and more.
TREMONT TAP HOUSE – 2572 Scranton Road
Cleveland-based graphic artist with free-hand drawings ranging from fictional scenes to architecturally inspired cityscapes.
818 STUDIOS – 818 Jefferson Ave. (above Fahrenheit)
Anthony Van Rooy—paintings
New work has been added since his show opened last month.
PAUL DUDA GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Introducing a new large scale panorama: “A view of Downtown from Tremont” and a gallery full of Iconic Cleveland photography.
CLIMB CLEVELAND – 2190 Professor Ave.
Works by five local artists, Cade Buckus, Lindsey Bryan, Oscar Hammers Mendez Barillas, Gina Santora and Michelle Janosky, on display and for sale.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- CRUST – Mike Sobek, painter of food and other cool things
- FAT CATS – Shelly Svonavec paintings
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, furniture and artwork
- GRUMPY’S – Michael Oakar, Hector Vega, Tim Barato stained glass.
- FLYING MONKEY – Tony Byrd, works in multiple mediums, including wood, stone, oil, watercolor and pencil
- LAVA LOUNGE – Jason Lok
- THE SOUTH SIDE – Todd Leech, ceramicist
- TY FUN – Denyse (Lipka) Carbonell
- VISIBLE VOICE BOOKS – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
- DrURawesome and his giant bubbles from 6:30-8 p.m. by the Treehouse
- Live music by The Chewy Center near the corner of College and Professor by Hartshorn Studio / Paul Duda Gallery beginning at 6:30
- Live music by Reverbious near Crust beginning at 6:30
- Live music with Alex Henry near Fahrenheit beginning at 6:00
- Ed Cote – Rock stacker extraordinaire in front of St. John Cantius from 6:30-9 p.m.
CHURCHES OPEN TO TOUR
Come see the beauty and art inside two of Tremont’s historic churches:
- ST. JOHN CANTIUS – corner of Professor Ave. & College Ave.
- STS. PETER & PAUL UKRAINIAN CHURCH – 2280 W. 7th St. (just down from the Treehouse)
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of Jean Brandt, who started the Tremont ArtWalk in 1993, with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with music, street entertainment, local history, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont the second Friday of every month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on www.WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont