Art Openings, Street Performers, Pop-Up Vendors and More + Cavs on TV for “Walkabout on the Wild Side” Friday, June 8 from 5 – 10 p.m.
CLEVELAND (June 5, 2018) – Tremont will go wild this Friday, June 8, from 5 to 10 p.m. as artists, belly dancers, street musicians and more invade the neighborhood for “Walkabout on the Wild Side”—plus more than 20 places around Tremont will be showing the Cavs game at 9 p.m. There will be multiple art openings, pop-up vendors, food and drink specials throughout Tremont (see below), live music, the Cleveland Museum of Art’s Studio Go mobile art studio, dog-friendly patios and more.
In addition to everything listed below, the night will have extended hours at art galleries and retail shops. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars.
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
Clean Room – a two person show featuring Melinda Placko and Mike Shepley
Clean Room, a two person show of drawings, paintings and collage alongside a new series of collaborative artwork that bridges abstraction and representation, shedding light on subjects of thunderstorms, obsession and the human heart.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
Juliette Thimmig – Nooks & Crannies
Nooks & Crannies is a collection of relief prints. Juliette’s mixed media work asks viewers to make sense of settings with impossible amounts of space and perspective, but recognizable features.
TREEHOUSE – 820 College Ave.
Greg Renkas – paintings
EDISON’S – 2373 Professor Ave.
Francis Angelone – photography
FLYING MONKEY – 819 Jefferson Ave
Steve C. Hammerschmidt
Steve is a native Clevelander and self-taught photographer. He focuses on panoramic, architectural and abstract photography.
TREMONT TAPHOUSE – 2572 Scranton Rd
Gabriela Holzer – scientific illustration
Gabriela is a Cleveland artist who is best known for her collection of drawings of dead bird specimens. She has a passion for scientific illustration created with pen and paper.
ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Lila Rose Kole and Kenno
The versatile artist Lila Rose Kole moved to Berlin in 2017 after five years honing her skills in Tremont. She visited Cleveland recently, bringing new abstract artwork influenced by her European multi-cultural travels. For her signature piece, Lila collaborated with celebrated South American artist, Kenno, unveiling a Cleveland-centric abstract cityscape with a Berliner’s twist.
LAVA LOUNGE – 1307 AUBURN AVE.
James Quarles—Black & Blue
James Quarles knew from a young age that he wanted to design album covers and movie posters. Drawing influence from Stanley Kubrick to Herbie Hancock, his intricate, graphic-inspired art weaves together social commentary, poetry, street art, politics and music.
TY FUN – 815 Jefferson Ave
Susan Lyden creates unique watercolors, using multiple layers of glazing to create depth and realism. Her specialties include bold florals, mixed media and collage.
GRUMPY’S – 2621 W. 14th St
Greg Murray, George & Janet Sipl, Tim Barato, and Sandi Valois
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- CLIMB CLEVELAND – Tim Herron landscape artist
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, furniture and artwork
- FAHRENHEIT – Lila Rose Kole presents the Fahrenheit industrial collection
- HI & DRY – Greg Murray, pet photography
- MERCHANT STREET – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
- PAUL DUDA GALLERY – Images of Cleveland by Paul Duda
- WINE & DESIGN – Bill Pappas photography
- Rhythm & Roos: Live music from the University of Akron
- Sophie Brown
- Belly dancers
- Reverbious one-man band
- Cleveland Museum of Art Studio Go on Professor Avenue
FOOD & DRINK SPECIALS
- Beviamo—buy one get one free on all coffee drinks
- Bourbon Street Barrel Room—happy hour 4:30-7:00. Walkabout specials 7-10 pm. $4 Abita Light or Amber; $4 Hush Puppies & $4.50 Jambalya + Gumbo Appetizers; $4.50 House Chardonnay or Cabernet. Ask about the Walkabout Tremont special.
- Crust—$3 slices of pizza all night; happy hour 3-7
- Edison’s—select $5 drafts; happy hour until 7
- Fahrenheit— Wild Boar Pizza, Aged Pecorino Romano, Spring Onions, Salsa Genovese and Wild Berry Punch: 3 Olives Berry, Pineapple Juice, Lemon, Orange Juice, Soda
- Fat Cats—happy hour from 4-7 will feature lamb meatballs with Lake Erie Creamery feta cheese
- Hotz’s Café—visit this Tremont local’s favorite for grape freeze shots only $2.50 and $2 domestic beers
- Lava Lounge—extended happy hour from 4-8
- Parallax— TRY A “ZB Shuffle,” a summer cocktail made with FLOH Vodka; extended happy hour food and drink specials at the bar until 8 pm
- Polish Veterans Alliance (Post 1)—$2 mystery beer pull and $4 Washington Apples
- Polish Legion of American Vets (Post 58)- $1.50 Miller High Life all night; open to guests during Walkabout
- Prosperity Social Club—Whiskey-based cocktail and dinner specials: from Kentucky mules to peppered sirloin with whiskey and mushroom pasta to bourbon banana pudding cake
- Treehouse—happy hour from 4-7
- Tremont Scoops–$4 hot fudge sundaes
- Ty Fun—featuring select $3 beers, $5 glasses of wine, $5 egg rolls, and $5 wontons
- Wine & Design–$3 sangria pours
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of the Tremont ArtWalk, which began in 1993 with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with art openings, music, street entertainment, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont. Walkabout Tremont is the second Friday of each month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont