Art Openings, All-American Food & Drink Specials, Street Performers, Pop-Up Vendors, Free Trolley Rides and More Add to the Fun Friday, July 13 from 5 – 10 p.m.
CLEVELAND (July 10, 2018) – The patriotic party from the 4th of July carries over to this month’s Walkabout Tremont with an “American Classics” celebration this Friday, July 13, from 5 to 10 p.m. There will be multiple art openings, street performers (including alpacas), 15+ pop-up vendors, sidewalk sales, all-American food and drink specials, free rides on Lolly the Trolley around Tremont, live music—and back by popular demand, Dr. UR Awesome, the current Guinness World Record Holder for the largest indoor/outdoor soap bubbles. Plus, Lucky’s Café will be open for a rare dinner service with a special patio menu (see below for the complete menu).
In addition to everything listed below, the night will have extended hours at art galleries and retail shops. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
We Can Exhibit
A group show curated via a call for artists. True to is reactionary roots, doubting thomas is showing pieces from recently rejected art from juried shows with one piece per artist.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
Shepard is an artist, singer and songwriter from Kent, Ohio; art reception meat & cheese board provided by Ohio City Provisions; music by DJ Ghost Girl spinning records, new wave French disco, 60s psych + pop.
STUDIO 888 – 2501 Professor Ave.
TY FUN – 815 Jefferson Ave
Kristopher Petrenko—still life, cityscapes, nature and industrial
Petrenko creates rich, toned work with the allure and feel of vintage antiques utilizing repurposed wood, metal and glass. All images are tied to an idea of transforming materials and the connection between natural and industrial. His work pays respect to the industrial rust-belt where he was born.
THE SOUTHSIDE – 2207 W. 11th
Todd Leech—ceramic artist
Leech has participated in more than 150 juried and invitation exhibitions. His work has been published in a number of books and magazines.
TREEHOUSE – 820 College Ave.
Jill Lemieux—animal portraits with personality
ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Lila Rose Kole and Kenno abstract artwork
FLYING MONKEY – 819 Jefferson Ave
In addition to creating fine art, Scott is an art teacher at the Falcon Academy of Creative Arts (FACA) in Suffield, Ohio.
LAVA LOUNGE – 1307 AUBURN AVE.
James Quarles—Black & Blue
James Quarles knew from a young age that he wanted to design album covers and movie posters. Drawing influence from Stanley Kubrick to Herbie Hancock, his intricate, graphic-inspired art weaves together social commentary, poetry, street art, politics and music.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- CLIMB CLEVELAND – Tim Herron landscape artist
- CRUST – Mike Sobek, painter of food and other cool things
- EDISON’S – Greg Renkas, paintings
- FAT CATS – Betsy Jaszczak, oil paintings
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, furniture and artwork
- GRUMPY’S – Greg Murray, George & Janet Sipl, Tim Barato, and Sandi Valois
- FAHRENHEIT – Lila Rose Kole presents the Fahrenheit industrial collection
- HI & DRY – Greg Murray, pet photography
- MERCHANT STREET – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
- PAUL DUDA GALLERY – Images of Cleveland by Paul Duda
- PROFESSOR AVENUE – Tremont history display (across the street from the Treehouse)
- ROOK MODERN – vintage/modern selectively sourced designer furniture, dècor and art
- TREMONT GENERAL STORE – pet photography by Greg Murray
- VISIBLE VOICE BOOKS – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
- WINE & DESIGN – Bill Pappas photography
FEATURED FOOD & DRINK SPECIALS
- Bourbon Street Barrel Room—happy hour 4:30-7:00. Walkabout specials 7-10 pm. $4 Abita Light or Amber; $4 Hush Puppies & $4.50 Jambalya + Gumbo Appetizers; $4.50 House Chardonnay or Cabernet. Ask about the Walkabout Tremont special.
- Fahrenheit—boozy root beer float; prime sirloin burger with tomato bacon jam, Gruyere cheese, arugula, pickled onion, brioche bun
- Hi & Dry—mini corn dogs; white grape & pear sangria
- LUCKY’S CAFE—dinner specials: Lucky’s famous baked mac-n-cheese; the Lucky’s reuben; curried chicken salad sandwich; triple “B” salad; pineapple BBQ pork sandwich and for dessert a peach berry crisp with whip & caramel (open until 9; grab a bottle of wine at Wine & Design and enjoy it on the Lucky’s patio)
- Parallax— TRY A “ZB Shuffle,” a summer cocktail made with FLOH Vodka; extended happy hour food and drink specials at the bar until 8 pm
- Prosperity—whisky drink specials $7; bourbon-glazed salmon with roasted corn and bacon salsa and maple potato planks $15
- Treehouse—$4.50 Sailor Jerry cocktails; featuring the Tremonster burger
- Trio—mint juleps $7
- Tremont Scoops—$4 hot fudge sundae
- Ty Fun—select $3 beers, $5 glasses of wine, $5 egg rolls, and $5 wontons
- Wine & Design—$5 wine tastings of Lake Girl wines (or grab a bottle to go and enjoy it with dinner at Lucky’s Café)
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of Jean Brandt, who started the Tremont ArtWalk in 1993, with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with music, street entertainment, local history, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont. Special Walkabout Tremont events will be staged throughout the second weekend of each month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on www.WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont